Linda Lom Client Guide - Moving Checklist
"Linda is the consummate professional when it comes to dealing with real estate in the Ann Arbor area...
Six to Eight Weeks Prior:
- Begin "weeding out”.
- Conduct a garage sale.
- Obtain estimates from three moving companies.
- Contact your insurance agent to discuss the transfer of your homeowner's policy.
- Notify all professional people and banking institutions of your upcoming move.
Four Weeks Prior:
- Select a moving company.
- Begin packing items that are seldom used.
- Make arrangements if pets need to be transported.
- Contact the State Motor Vehicle Department if changes are necessary.
- Obtain change-of-address cards from the Post Office.
Two Weeks Prior:
- Confirm travel arrangements.
- Have your automobile serviced so that it will be totally prepared for the trip.
- Notify utility companies of exact shut-off date, and turn on transfer date at destination.
- Notify other service companies such as: newspaper, gardener, diaper service, etc.
- Call moving representative to review details and confirm schedule.
One Week Prior:
- Make sure the moving company has the address and phone number of your new residence and place of employment.
- Set aside all documents, valuables and important papers that will be traveling with you.
- Make final arrangements at your bank; buy travelers checks and cashier's check for the moving company.
- If any legal matters are unresolved or if you are entitled to refunds from utility companies discuss details and make sure they all have your new address.
- Have a "Farewell Party" for friends, relatives and neighbors, keep it simple and consider using plastic and paper products.
Let's Keep in Touch
Subscribe to get updated on the most recent information from Trillium Real Estate
We respect your inbox. We only send interesting and relevant emails.