7 Easy Ways to Dress Up an Entryway
The entryway or foyer of your home conveys an important first impression to your guests. For homeowners bent on making it a great first impression, designers at ElleDecor.com suggest seven easy ways to make an entryway look larger, brighter, and more welcoming:
– A well placed mirror can instantly open up a space and add a luxurious feel. Splurge on a good one, framed or not as you wish, to grace your entryway for the long haul.
– Nothing freshens up a room quite like a vase full of fresh flowers. They are aesthetically pleasing and will keep your entryway smelling wonderful. Using long-lasting silk flowers will hold down monthly costs, but think about replacing them with fresh flowers before a dinner party or other event.
– Your entryway should reflect your personal style. Add a jolt of color, especially in a light, bright foyer, or bring in an unexpected wallpaper pattern to turn the space into something special.
– Swap out the lighting fixtures that came with the house for something you really love. The right overhead chandelier or well-detailed wall sconces can add drama and grace to any entry.
– It may be a patterned rug, a tufted bench, a console table or a pair of smaller tables. There should be some element in your entryway that serves as a centerpiece and sets the tone for the rest of your home.
– Art brings a level of elegance to a room. A well placed piece of art, or a gallery wall of smaller pieces, can be the perfect finishing touch for an entryway that reflects your taste and style.
– If you're blessed with an entryway big enough for several pieces of furniture, by all means, go for it. But if the area is on the small side, skip the console table because the area will look better with just a few small pieces. A plant stand and a mirror may be all that is needed to dress up a small entry.
Reprinted with permission from RISMedia. ©2015. All rights reserved.